Step 1 - Creating an Account
Note: If your administrator sent you an invite to create your account on Albert, click the link in that email. You can then skip to Step 2 since your admin already did the heavy lifting!
How to Create an Account
- Go to www.albert.io. Click Sign Up in the top-right corner.
- Select I’m a teacher.
- Fill in the requested information. (Note: If you have a Google account, you can use Google sign-in and skip the need to confirm your account. You can find more information on signing in with Google here.)
- Click Sign-up.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. Use the link in the email to confirm your account, then follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
Step 2 - Creating a Class
How to create a class:
- Log into your Albert account and click the Classes tab at the top of your page.
- Click New Class in the top right corner.
- Create a name for your class, and ensure you are aligned to the correct school. If you are not aligned to a school, click here for more help.
- Click Create Class.
- Choose the subject(s) that you would like to give your students access. (If you're overwhelmed by the 100+ subjects on Albert, use the content discovery tool to determine the subjects that are best suited for your course).
- When you have selected all of your desired subjects, select "Continue" in the bottom left corner of your screen. Note: Students only have access to the subjects in your class. Make sure you add subject(s) to the class for which you plan on assigning questions from. There's no downside to adding subjects!
- Your class is now created and you can start inviting students to join your class. Your class will appear under your Classes tab.
Creating a class is the key to getting started on Albert. Classes allow you to grant students access to your school license, assign work, and access data reports.
- You can, and should, add multiple subjects to a class. Just select another subject after you’ve added the first.
- If you make a mistake or want to add additional subjects, you can always edit your class later by clicking into the class and then going to your class Settings.
- Most teachers name their classes after the Period number and/or the subject of the class.
- Create different Albert classes for each class section so that you can analyze data by class.
Step 3 - Inviting or Enrolling Students
At this point, you should have your Albert account and your classroom(s).
If you haven’t created your Albert account, please go back to Step 1.
If you haven’t set up your classroom(s), please go back to Step 2.
Here’s how to invite your students, so you can assign practice and view their data.
- If you’re returning to the site, select the Classes tab, then click into the classroom you’d like to invite students to. From there, select the Manage Roster sub-tab.
- If you just created your class, you’ll be automatically redirected to the Manage Roster sub-tab.
On Albert, there are three ways to enroll your students:
- Class enrollment code
- Import Google Classroom
- Email invitations
Option 1 - Class enrollment code
You can view your unique class enrollment code by selecting Display class code on your Manage Roster tab. Next, you'll need to provide your students the unique class code so they can enroll in your class.
Instruct students to complete the following steps:
- Create an account, preferably using their school emails, if they don't already have one. If they have an account, they should log in at Albert.io.
- Direct students to click on their Classes tab at the top of the page and click Join a Class.
- Once they've successfully joined your class, they will see a green box that says Success!. You can confirm that the student has successfully joined your classroom by viewing the Enrolled students on your Manage Roster tab.
You can regenerate a classroom code by clicking on the information icon, as seen in the image below. Please note: if you click the button Regenerate code, only the newly generated code will work for students (your old classroom enrollment code will no longer work).
Option 2 - Import Google Classroom
If you use Google Classroom, you can use the Google Classroom sync to import your roster and enroll your students. Go here to learn more about this option.
Option 3 - Email invitations
This method sends your students an email invite to join your class. Students can then either log-in and accept the invite directly on Albert or click the link in the email they receive. If students aren't receiving Albert emails, check out this article.
- Select the Classes tab and select a class of your choice. Next, select the Manage Roster sub-tab.
- Click the Invite by email button.
- A popup will appear. From here, you can either manually type-in student emails, copy and paste student emails from a spreadsheet, or upload a CSV with student emails. When finished, click Send invitations.
- Direct your students to follow the account set-up instructions in the email.
After you've created or accepted an invitation for an Albert teacher account, created a class, and enrolled students, we suggest checking out these next steps:
- Create an Assignment: To give students practice on specific skills, standards, or content, discover how to easily create your first assignment here.
- Data insights: After giving your students an assignment, you'll have actionable student data to analyze. Here is more information on how to view and utilize student assignment data.