There are TWO ways to create an assignment on Albert:
- Quick assign method
- Custom assignment method (folders)
Quick Assign Method
You can start the process of assigning an entire topic or subtopic with the click of a button. This is the quickest and easiest way to create an assignment because you can just use one of Albert's guide levels.
How to Quick Assign:
- Go to the subject that you would like to create an assignment for (e.g. AP Biology).
- Click the three dots to the right of any topic or subtopic that you'd like to assign, and select the Quick assign option as seen in the image above.
- Select the appropriate classes or students who you want to assign questions. After doing so, click Next.
- Fill out the required assignment options by creating a title and a due date, then click the green Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Custom Assignment Method
You can customize an assignment by adding/removing questions or rearranging the order of the questions with the method detailed below.
How to create a Custom Assignment
- Go to the subject you would like to create an assignment for (e.g. AP Biology).
- Click the three dots to the right of any topic or subtopic that you'd like to assign. Below the Quick Assign button you can select the Save to folders option as seen in the image above. Simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- Alternatively: If you want to select specific question in an assignment folder, start by clicking into a topic or subtopic.
- Select some questions from the question list. You will see a gray area at the top of the question list with a button called Add to folder.
- After clicking on that button, you will be asked to select a folder to add those questions to. You also have the option to select New Folder to create a new folder to add the questions to.
- Once you select the folder, click Save.
- To assign the folder click on the Folders icon in the top right corner, click on the button labeled Actions, and click Create Assignment.
For the full details on how to create a folder, we have a full help article here.