In order for you and your students to have access your school’s Albert license, you must have a license, be invited/approved by an admin user and have added the subject to the scope of your class. Students and teachers will receive an upgrade message if any of the above steps have not been completed.
Note: If you have purchased an individual subscription, your students will not have access to your purchase. You can purchase a license to provide access to your students. Read more about licensing options here.
To check if you have a license or need admin approval:
- Log in to your account from the homepage.
- Click on the Classes tab at the top of the site.
- Even if you have already made a class before, click on the New Class button in the top right corner. (If this button is grayed out, click here to learn how to first associate to a school.)
- Name your class and select a school from the dropdown.
- Click on the green Create Class button to go to the next page.
- If you do not have a license or have not yet been approved to use this license, you will see a green banner at the top that says, "You do not have a school license." If you do have a license and you have been approved, you will not see a green banner.
- If you see the green banner, contact your site admin for approval or ask your admin about purchasing a license. You can learn more about admin approval here and about our licensing options here. If you believe you should have a license attached to this account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check if you need to add a subject to the scope of your class:
- Click on the Classes tab from the top of the site.
- Click on the tile for the class you want to view. (If you have not yet created a class, click here to first create a classroom.)
- Select the Settings button at the top of your classroom.
- Look under the header Class Scope to see if the subject used by students is listed. All subjects that are associated to your class scope will have a gray tile under the header.
- Click Modify selection to be returned to our course library where you can find and add any subject of your choice by selecting Add Subject.
- Click View selection to overview the subjects in your scope. If you would like to remove any subjects, select Remove on that subject tile.
- When the scope of your subjects is sufficient, select Done in the bottom left corner. When brought back to your class's settings page, save your changes by clicking Save.