Step 1: Create an account
- Go to www.albert.io. Click "Sign Up" in the top-right corner.
- Either log in with Google or fill in the required information.
- Click "Sign Up."
- Select "I’m a student."
- You will then be asked to type in your age*
- If you typed in your email address above you will need to open the confirmation email that is sent to you and follow the instructions
*Depending on your age, you will need a parent or teacher's permission to access the site
Step 1a: Parent/Guardian Permission on Albert
If you are younger than 13 years old, you will need parent or guardian's permission to get started
- Enter your parent or teacher's email address into the box and click submit. You can resend this invitation at any point
- The designated adult will receive an email asking them to give you consent to use Albert
- They will have 14 days to click "I consent" or before the invitation expires and your account is deleted
- If your parent or teacher selects "I do NOT consent" your account will be deleted
Step 2: Join a classroom
There are three ways for you to join a classroom on Albert.
Way 1 - Your teacher sent you an email invitation: If your teacher invited you to their classroom, simply click on the link in the email invite to be automatically enrolled.
If you've already created an account on Albert and are currently logged in, you can accept a classroom invitation by clicking on the notification bell, as seen below.
Way 2 - Your teacher has given you a class code: After logging into Albert, click on the Classes tab at the top of the page. then click on the "Join a Class" button in the top right corner. Finally, add the class code given to you by your teacher. (Note: The class code is case sensitive.)
Way 3 - Your teacher created the classroom via Google classroom: Simply create your account (step 1 above) and notify your teacher that it's ready. That's it! Your teacher will simply import your information when they're ready.
Step 3: Answer questions
In this step, we’ll review how to find assignments and search for individual questions.
When a teacher creates an assignment, you'll receive an email notification. You can simply click on the link in the email to be taken directly to your assignment. Alternatively, if you're already logged in on Albert, please follow the steps below to complete an assignment:
- Click the Classes tab, then click into the class you would like to work on.
- The 'Assignments' sub-tab will show any active assignments you have. Click on the assignment you wish to work on.
- Click "Start Assignment" or "Continue Assignment." Please note: any assignments with a time limit should be completed in a single session.
More of a visual learner? We made a short GIF (no sound) for you which shows how to find an assignment:
For any subject that your teacher has approved, you can navigate to the Subjects tab, select the subject, and click on a topic to start practicing, as shown in the gif below.
How can I search for specific questions?
Check out this help article to learn more about searching for specific questions with our new search tool!