To add a teacher to your school license:
1. Navigate to the Admin tab at the top of the site.
2. Ensure your school is selected in the top-left drop-down menu. (If you are a district-level admin, you'll be able to select any school from your district ).
3. Click on the "Manage Staff" tab.
4. Click on the button "Invite Members" in the top right corner.
5. Input a list of teachers’ emails, separated by commas. This list can either be
a. Copy and pasted from an excel file or csv
b. Manually entered.
Note: If you do not know which teachers have been approved for access, click on the tab labeled "Approved")
6. Please note: Each time a single email address or group of email addresses is input, you must add a comma to the end of the list. The list of emails will appear as displayed below (in gray):
If you accidentally added an incorrect email address, simply click the gray ‘x’ next to the corresponding email address, as seen in the image above.
7. Once you’ve uploaded the full list of teachers you wish to invite, click the “Invite” button.
If the emails were successfully sent to the list of teachers you uploaded, you will be notified with the following message:
8. Send a a pre-drafted email to your teachers, that explains how teachers can get started on Albert. Simply open it, add their email addresses, and send the pre-drafted email to any teachers who'd like to get started on Albert.
Step 2: Accept or Reject Teachers
In order for a teacher at your school to be licensed on Albert, each teacher must be approved by a school admin. You can always view pending teacher accounts in the tab labeled "Pending", within the manage staff tab (as seen in the image below). Detailed instructions for rejecting or approving a teacher are detailed below the image.
- Select the Admin tab (top row), the manage staff tab (second row from top), and the pending tab (underlined in blue), as shown in the image above.
- Scroll down the page to view the list of teachers whose status is pending. There are two types of teachers on this page:
i. Teachers who've received invitations to join Albert and HAVE verified their email. These teachers will have a green "Approve" button alongside their name.
ii. Teachers who've received invitations to join Albert and HAVE NOT verified their email. These teachers will have a blue "resend" button alongside their name.
3. To approve or reject, a teacher, simply click the appropriate button that corresponds with that teacher.
4a. If you click “Approve”, the teacher is able to immediately begin using Albert in their classroom.
4b. If you click “Reject”, you will be asked to verify your decision, as shown below. Please note: if you select “delete” (which pops up after you click "reject"), you will erase all data associated with the teacher.
4c. If you click "Resend", the teacher will receive an email from Albert prompting them to verify their account.
Step 3: Ensure teachers have created classrooms & Invited Students
Experience has shown us that following up with teachers within one week of inviting them to join Albert is vital to successful adoption. Here are a couple of few best practices for ensuring you're doing everything you can
- First, ensure there are no pending teachers waiting to be approved. You can always view pending teacher accounts in the tab labeled "Pending". Teachers can't create classrooms, invite students, and create assignments on Albert until you've approved them!
2. Second, use the Admin dashboard to review which teachers have created classes and enrolled students. You can view this information by clicking into the "Usage Reports" tab, as shown below:
3. Consider setting aside time in a department meeting or PLC to support the teachers that might need additional help.
4. Utilize the experienced and "tech savvy" teachers to help others that haven't gotten started yet.
5. Consider additional training or professional development for your teachers. You can reach out to your dedicated School Success team member or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Ongoing: Regularly Review Usage
Once the year is underway, an admin's job is to monitor usage to hold teachers and students accountable. The Admin tab gives you insight into your school's usage at both a high level down to individual students.
Here are some best practices when reviewing usage:
- Set concrete goals for each month, quarter or semester around adoption. For example, by X date, all teachers have created a class, invited students, and made at least one assignment.
- Create a schedule and block off time to review the Admin dashboard. We recommend every 2-4 weeks.
- During department meetings, PLCs, etc. ask if there are any questions about Albert. Our Success team is here to help with both technical solutions and instructional recommendations.
If your teachers aren't receiving your emails, contact your IT department to whitelist the following domains. These are the domains from which invite and confirmation emails come
If you are are not seeing the “Admin” tab at the top of your page, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can grant you administrator privileges for your school.