In order for you and your students to have access your school’s Albert license, you must have a license, be invited/approved by an admin user, and have added the subject to the scope of your class. Students and teachers will receive an upgrade error if any of the above steps have not been completed.
To check if you have a license or need admin approval, click here.
To check if you need to add a subject to the scope of your class, click here.
- Log in to your account from the homepage.
- Click on the 'Classes' tab at the top of the site.
- Even if you have already made a class before, click on the 'New Class' button in the top right corner. (*If this button is grayed out, click here to learn how to first associate to a school.)
- Name your class and select a school from the dropdown.
- Click on the green ‘Create Class’ button to go to the next page.
- If you do not have a license or have not yet been approved to use this license, you will see a red banner at the top that says 'You do not have a school license'. If you do have a license and you have been approved, you will not see a red banner.
- If you see the red banner, contact your site admin for approval or ask your admin about purchasing a license. You can learn more about admin approval here and about our licensing options here. If you believe you should have a license attached to this account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note* If you have purchased an individual subscription, your students will not have access to your purchase. You can purchase a license to give access to your students. Read more about licensing options here.
- Click on the 'Classes' tab from the top of the site.
- Click on the tile for the class you want to view. (*If you have not yet created a class, click here to first create a classroom.)
- Select the 'Settings' tab at the top of your classroom.
- Look under the header 'Class Scope' to see if the subject students are using is listed. All subjects that are associated to your class scope will have a gray tile under the header.
- Use the dropdowns for 'Domain', 'Subject Group', and 'Subject' to add the correct subject(s) to the scope of your classroom.
*Note* If you add a subject to your class that is not included in your license, you will not have access. You can purchase a license for the subject to gain access. Read more about licensing options here.