Insight reports are a flexible way to see your students' performance and usage data by the theme, topic, or subtopic level. In order to access Class Insights, first go to your "Classes" tab in the global navigation. Then, pick a class and click on the "Insights" secondary navigation tab:
Running a report is similar in terms of inputs as the Class Dashboard. The inputs include:
- Subject. This is only relevant if your class is associated with multiple subjects.
- Guide level. This refers to Albert's organization of the subject matter of the chosen subject. For example, our AP Biology guide is available here: https://www.albert.io/ap-biology. All of the levels of the chosen subject's guide are available in the dropdown.
- Attempt scope. By default, the Class Dashboard considers most recent attempts. That means that if a student answers a question twice and another question three times, "Most recent attempt" considers the second and third attempts, respectively, for the average accuracies and question attempts. Changing this to "1st attempt" would mean that all the stats would be reflective of the first time students answered questions in the chosen subject, date range, and guide level scope.
- Date range. By default, this is set to all-time. It spans from the date the class was created to the current date. However, this can be easily customized to be whatever date range you'd like.
- Class scope. By default, the report will only consider the students in your currently active class. But if you have multiple class with the same subjects (ie, two periods of AP Biology), you can include all of the students in your classes that share the chosen subject in a report.
Once you run a report, you will see a summary section and a list of students and their respective completion and performance on the chosen subject guide level:
The summary section provides an overview of student activity, completion, and performance.
Note that all stats shown are scoped to the date and attempt scope chosen. So if you had chosen to isolate 2nd attempts, you might see low completion numbers compared to viewing 1st attempts.
Single Student Question List
Clicking on a student takes you into the Single Student Question List view. This lets you drill down into a specific student's attempts on all of the questions in the chosen guide level:
Note that this view shows you ALL of a student's attempts on a given question regardless of the attempt scope from the insight report. This was done to make use of this view as convenient as possible.
You can mouse over any attempt circle to get more details about it.
The "Questions" tab
On an Insight Report, you also have a secondary tab called "Questions". This takes all of the questions inside the report scope and shows the average time spent, completion, and accuracy of the students in your class(es):
- The GREEN bar represents students that have answered the question correctly.
- The RED bar represents students that have answered the question incorrectly.
- The GRAY bar represents students that have not yet answered the question.
Clicking on any question will open that question so you can see the full content.
There are two export options for Insight reports:
- Basic .csv export. Click on the "Export (CSV)" button in the Insight report summary section. This will give you a .csv file with all the same data as in the data table of the insight report.
- Detailed export. Click over to the "Response Matrix" tab in the Insight report page. Click on the subject (if you have multiple subjects associated with the class) and you will get an Excel export. This Excel export will include data about every question in the subject and how your students answered each question.
- You currently cannot sort the columns in the students table. We are working on that and hope to release it ASAP.
- You currently cannot compare your class' performance against the site average. We are also working on that.
- You currently cannot run Insight reports on tags or labels. We are working to have released during the 2017-18 school year.