This document provides instructions and resources for completing a Jigsaw Activity using Albert.
In a Jigsaw, the class is divided into 3-4 teams, with each team learning about and preparing to teach a specific concept. When all team members are prepared, the class is re-divided into mixed groups that include one student from each of the original teams.
Once students are in their second group, they will take turns teaching their new group what they learned about. Students can score peers on their presentation of information. The group then tackles an assignment together that includes content from each of the original content areas.
Estimated Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Estimated Lesson Time: 25 Minutes
Difficulty of Implementation: Moderate
In a Nutshell:
- Teacher decides on 3-4 concepts for students to learn about
- Teacher puts students in groups and each group researches one of the 3-4 concepts
- Teacher creates new mixed groups, jumbling the students so that every new group has a representative from each of the original groups
- Students present the concept they researched to their new groupmates
- The groups then complete an assignment that includes content from each of the researched content areas
- Student note-taking worksheet
- Peer scoring rubric