The following directions are written from the perspective of your students.
You can copy and paste the directions and share them directly with student on your Learning Management System (Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, etc.), via email, or on your class website.
Step 1: Directing students to create an account
(Note: If students have a Google or Clever account, they can use Clever or Google sign-in and skip confirming their account via email. You can find more information on signing in with Google here.)
How to create an account
- Go to www.albert.io. Click Sign-Up in the top-right corner.
- Fill in the requested information.
- Click Sign-up.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. Use the link in the email to confirm your account, then follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
Step 2 - Directing students to join your class with the class enrollment code
Note: If you invite students to your class by sending them email invitations or Google Classroom Sync, they will automatically be enrolled in your class once they create an Albert account. If you chose either of those methods to enroll students, you can skip directly to Step 3. If you invite students through the class enrollment code, you should share the following directions with students.
How to join your Albert class with the class enrollment code
- After logging into Albert, click on the Classes tab at the top of the page.
- Next, click on the "Join Class" button in the top right corner.
- Finally, add our unique class code: INSERT YOUR CLASS CODE HERE. The class code is case sensitive.
Note: Teachers can find their unique class code by clicking into a class, selecting the Manage Roster tab, selecting the Invite Students button, and the Display class code button.
Step 3 - Directing students to begin practice on Albert
Note: Once you have assigned Albert practice, direct students to complete the relevant assignments on their class dashboard. If you’re using Albert for independent practice, you can learn more about that here.
How to begin practice on Albert
- Click the Classes tab, then click into the class you would like to work on. Note: You will see any past due assignments at the top of your screen.
- The Assignments tab will show any active assignments you have. Click on the assignment you wish to work on.
- Click Start Assignment or Continue Assignment. Note: Any assignments with a time limit should be completed in a single session.