We built a Google Classroom sync to make the process of managing Albert classrooms and assignments easier for teachers who already use Google for Education.
With our Google Classroom integration, you can:
- Sync an Albert classroom's roster to a Google Classroom roster.
- Share Albert assignment links to a Google Classroom.
- Share Albert assignment accuracy and completion to a Google Classroom.
Setting up the sync
Step 1: Start the process
In order to sync an Albert Classroom to a Google Classroom, go to the "Manage Roster" page of any classroom. From there, you will see a button on the left-hand-side that says "Import Google Classroom":
Step 2: Sign into Google
When you click on this, you will see the following pop-up:
Please note that syncing to a Google Classroom will override your existing roster with your Google classroom roster. This means that a Google roster import will remove any students from your Albert classroom who have already enrolled but are not part of the Google classroom you choose to sync it with.
Step 3: Authorize Albert to access Google classrooms
Once you click on "Sign in to Google" in the modal, you will receive this authorization request to allow Albert to have access to your Google Classroom data. To continue, click 'Allow'.
Step 4: Choose Google classroom to sync
After you authorize Albert to have access to your Google classrooms, you should see the following prompt, which asks you which Google classroom to sync with your currently selected Albert classroom. Simply select which classroom you wish to import, and click "Import selected class".
Step 5: Students are invited
Once you have selected a Google classroom and clicked on "Import selected class", your Google classroom roster will be imported into the Albert class.
- Any students that already have Albert accounts will automatically be enrolled in the Albert class and sent a notification email that they were enrolled.
- If there are any students imported from Google who do not already have an Albert account, they will receive an email inviting them to create their Albert account. Once their account is created, they will automatically be enrolled in your Albert class.