Currently, only students who have been assigned a practice exam can access practice exams. Only teachers with an active school license can assign practice exams.
After assigning a practice exam, your students can access it by following the steps below:
1. Sign into Albert.
2. Navigate to the "Classes" tab in the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
3. Click the class in which the exam was assigned.
4. Click on the "Practice Exams" tab in the navigation bar beneath the "Classes" tab. The resulting list shows the assigned practice exams for that course. You can filter this list to see open (i.e. exams you need to submit), or closed exams (exams you submitted or are no longer able to complete).
5. Click on the exam you'd like to take. Clicking this will take you to the exam details page. Each exam is comprised of sections (e.g. Multiple Choice or Free Response) that can be accessed from this page. Each section has its own instructions and timer. You must complete sections in order and you can only access questions for the section that you are currently working on.
6. To start the exam, click "Start Exam." After clicking this, you will land on the first section of the exam. Your timer for this section won't start until you click "Start Section."
7. Once you click "Start Section," you will be taken to the question list and your timer will start. The timer cannot be paused or reset once it starts. If you need to access the exam details page while taking the exam, you can click the "View Exam Details" button at the top of the question list.
8. You can answer questions by selecting or inputting an answer and clicking "Submit." You cannot change your answer to a question once you click "Submit" and if you click off of a question, your selection will not be maintained.
9. When you are finished with a section, you must submit it. If you answer all of the questions in a section, it will automatically submit. If you leave any blank, you will have to manually submit it. If you run out of time before submitting, you will still need to submit the section manually. You cannot move onto the next section until you do so.
10. After you submit a section, you will land on the exam details page with the next section selected. Your timer for the next section will not start until you click the "Start Section" button.
11. For free response sections, you will need to write your answers on paper and submit them to your teacher. Once you complete them on paper, you can click the "Mark as complete" button in Albert at the bottom right of the question.
12. Once you complete an exam, it will be submitted to your teacher. Results will be available either immediately after submitting the exam or after the due date passes, based on the assignment settings selected by your teacher.