Folders are customized collections of questions.
They are useful because they enable you to create create custom assignments and share question lists with other teachers.
Folders enable you to:
- Mix and match questions between topics and subjects
- Arrange the questions in a particular order
- Re-use assignments over time
You can only add questions to folders. You cannot put folders inside of each other.
Your folders can be accessed from anywhere on the site by clicking 'Saved' at the top right of your screen. If you have a lot of folders, you can easily find a folder by searching its name in the search bar at the top of the table.
You can save entire topics to folders by clicking the three dots to the right of any topic or subtopic and clicking the 'Save to folder' option from the menu.
Alternatively, you can add individual questions to a folder by selecting questions from a list and clicking 'Save to folder' from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
Once you have folders created, you can use them from within the 'Saved' tab at the top of your screen. Your folders are not class-specific and can be accessed from anywhere on the site.
There are four actions you can perform on folders:
- Create Assignment: Creates an assignment from that folder's question list and takes you to the Assignment Creation Form, where you'll choose recipients and assignment settings.
- Edit and Assign: Allows you to remove questions from the folder and re-arrange the order of questions. You can't add more questions from here; that should be done from a subject's guide page or from any question list that is not a folder. From here, you can save changes to the folder and/or assign the new edited version.
- Rename: Give the folder a new name for better organization.
- Delete: Deletes the folder, but not any assignments created from that folder.
Teachers can share folders with other teachers simply by sending them a link.
On your saved folders page, click the 'Actions' button, and then the 'Edit and Assign' button that appears in the drop-down menu.
On the next page, you'll find your folder link in the top right corner. Either copy and paste manually, or click 'Share' to add the folder link to your clipboard