Folders are useful because they enable you to create lists of questions that you can assign or share. Folders enable you to:
- Mix and match questions between topics and subjects
- Arrange the questions in a particular order
- Re-use assignments over time
Note: Only licensed teachers can use folders. If you are not an approved teacher at a licensed school, please explore our pricing page.
There are two places where you can create a folder:
Method 1 - Add an ENTIRE topic of questions to a folder or create a new folder.
Click the three dots to the right of any topic or subtopic that you'd like to assign, and select the 'Save to folder' option as seen in the image above.
Clicking on 'Save to folder' will open the folder slide-out. Create a new folder and click on 'Add (n) questions to folder,' or select and add questions to one of your previously used folders. In both cases, all of the questions in the topic will be added to that folder.
Method 2 - Create/add SPECIFIC questions to a folder, directly from a question list.
You will see check boxes next to all the questions in the question list. Once you select at least one question, the green button at the bottom for 'Save to folder(s)' will be enabled.
Once you have folders created, you can use them from within the 'Saved' tab at the top of your screen. Your folders are not class-specific and can be accessed from anywhere on the site.
There are four actions you can perform on folders:
- Create Assignment: Creates an assignment from that folder's question list and takes you to the Assignment Creation Form, where you'll choose recipients and assignment settings.
- Edit and Assign: Allows you to remove questions from the folder and re-arrange the order of questions. You can't add more questions from here; that should be done from a subject's guide page or from any question list that is not a folder. From here, you can save changes to the folder and/or assign the new edited version.
- Rename: Give the folder a new name for better organization.
- Delete: Deletes the folder, but not any assignments created from that folder.
Teachers can share folders with other teachers simply by sending them a link.
On your saved folders page, click the 'Actions' button, and then the 'Edit and Assign' button that appears in the drop-down menu.
On the next page, you'll find your folder link in the top right corner. Either copy and paste manually, or click 'Share' to add the folder link to your clipboard