How do I assign one of my assignment templates?
There are two ways to assign questions on Albert. This article explains how to assign questions using the Template Method.
To assign a set of Albert questions using this method, you will first need to create an assignment template. You can find instructions on how to create an assignment template here. Once you have created an assignment template, navigate to your class under the “Classes” tab and follow the steps below:
- Select Assignments tab from the list on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down to the Assignment Templates section of this page.
- Click the Actions dropdown next to the template you wish to assign.
- To assign the template as-is, click Create Assignment and follow steps 4-6 of the Quick-Assign method OR to make changes to your template (rearrange questions and/or delete questions), click Edit and Assign and proceed to step 5.
- Make any changes to the template that you would like, then click Save.
Note: In some cases, multiple questions depend on analysis of a single diagram, document, etc. With linked questions, you will not be able to delete each separately. There is an example of this in the gif below.
- Click the green Create Assignment button at the top right of the page.
- Select the classes you would like to assign questions to.
- Click Next.
- Fill out the assignment options form, then click the green Create Assignment button at the bottom of the page.
Note: Both users (the teacher and the student) need to have upgraded access to the subject in order to fully complete an assignment. In other words, if you as the teacher have upgraded access and choose to create an assignment for students that includes questions that are not free, your students will not be able to fully complete your assignment